Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Anugerah Planet Muzik di Singapura

A bit overdue, but really wanted to blog about this event.

If you ask me really, I have been listening to lesser and lesser jrock, vrock and mandarin pop/rock these days...dunno why, except for a few bands/solo artist i regularly follow (and that for a matter of fact, is diminishing as well), the new comers on the scene just somehow dun quite make it.

Neeways, currently on an Indon rock binge. Attended the Anugerah event to catch Peter Pan. Their first album was great....then like all rockers who made it big suddenly, the lead singer got into some trouble with a girl. (Sex+rock+drugs ....hehe, perfect combi ya!). Their second album was not up to expectations, but I still wanted to catch Peter Pan live so I thot I would just pop by the event.

Like I said, live performances make or break a band. In this case, it was a good live, although a bit short. They clinched the Most Popular Group award. I think next year, Radja should be the ones getting this award though. Not half as good looking as the members of Peter Pan, but Radja is good old solid rock. Lead singer is every band's dream vocalist. Uuurgh, would love to watch them live. Caught them on DVD during their open air live in Indonesia and the crowd was fanatic. Looks fun! Oh...there's Cokelat too. This was the band that introduced me to the world of Indon rock and it features a rare female vocalist.

Other acts I would really luv to catch in Singapore - Search ( I just bought their DVD live and was completely blown away. These old men really know their stuff well!), Melly Coleslaw (<--- is that how you spell her last name. The last time I saw her was on Suria, singing a duet with Kris? Was it Kris? Not sure...but I was star struck! Solid vocals and very very versatile in terms of style. From jazz to ballad to heavy rock...she has done it all. Plus she also produces most of her own albums. Lately wrote a couple of hits for Agnes Monica, mostly diva type ballads tailored to showcase Monica's strong vocals....but I still prefer wierd ol Melly!)

I hope we do this event every year and ....all the nominees should come......really!

No comments: