Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Suns Drummer Wayne Seah Dies in Sleep

Last post before I fly back.

Wayne Seah (aka Wayne Thunder) of The Suns (Melbourne based singapore rock band, formerly known as The Boredphucks) passed away last nite in his sleep. This boy was only 29 yrs old. Uuuurgh, I hate such news. I simply cannot accept it.

Probably unknown to many, The Suns is one of the cult icons in Singapore’s indie rock scenes. Wayne himself was one of the most enthusiastic chaps pushing the local rock scene, always handing out tickets to live gigs.


Some would remember them for the radio friendly hit ZOE TAY (poking fun at our Caldecott Hill Queen’s apparent lack of command in Engrish), others would remember them for cussing on stage at Youth Park…whatever, thats not important. To me, they left their dolby mark on the Singapore indies rock scene.

R.I.P Wayne.

I wished I did not have to do this post at all. I hate the familiar feeling Wayne's current website is giving me.


1 comment:

MMDS said...

oh no! how did that happen? so disheartening yea. though i din heard of him b4, but stil> RIP! (>_<)