Sunday, October 07, 2007

Kamijo + Teru + 勇+Hizaki

You see, everything links up after some time. (read - irresistable urge to rant again on a weekend when I am not needed back in office!)

My favourite Lareine member – Kamijo (This guy is a real TRAP and a real stubborn idiot. Blood sucker!)

My favourite 藍花柳 member – Teru ( I mean, check out one of my post on this indie band in 2005-6, Teru was the saving grace of the band. Haaiz, what would you expect from a band whose frontman can barely screech a note, if not for the really strong band members, 藍花柳could not have possibly come this far. They had some really good songs though. Too bad Teru quit. Good thing he continues to play in Versailles and I have to say his outfit sure looks hotter than in Aikaryu. )

My favourite雀羅 member -勇 (Yes, despite all that conical bra thingy, 勇 was a dahling! And 雀羅 had some of the most obiang songs in vkei history, its just that everytime they were about to make it, some other indie band would appear out of nowhere and steal the limelight from them. Luck really not on their side! )

My favourite Crack Brain/Schwardix/Sulfuric member – Hizaki (his technique is great and for a long while many have called him a genuis in the vkei scene. I first chanced upon during Crackbrain days....and that was like darn long ago. Gosh he is already 28 yrs old!!!!! Wa, when I first saw him, he was barely 20 yrs old. He had his fair share of good bands and lousy ones. Schwardix Marvally was solid, but the band din last long. His last band Sulfuric Acid was quite lame, the songs did not rock.)

Put the 4 not exactly young chaps (Kamijo is probably just a bit younger than me) + Yuki from Sugar Trip (okay, no comments about this band though)……what do you have? A new extravagant cum decadent cum elaborately dressed up aristocrats and elegant ladies band – VERSAILLES.

While fans like me cannot stop listening to their Revenant Choir debut DVD (wow, how have times improved, pple are releasing debut DVDs, no longer CDS or the good ol cassette tapes!), am glad Versailles is finally releasing a full length album.

The Revenant Choir looks suspiciously like Kamijo’s brainchild, his characteristic story about the living dead, dead living, Victorian age etc. The twin guitars are my soft spot……I love the sound of twin guitars– from X-japan, Onmyouza, L’Dear….(along the way we have Raphael with Kazuki’s one-man guitar show, but I guess twin guitars are not that common in the band scene anyway).

I love how bands with twin guitarists perform the solo sections. Each guitar melody answering the other before both guitars joining in a 2-part rift culminating in the ULTIMATE CLIMAX!!!!!!

Muah hahahahaha!!!!!! Can’t wait for their October full length release!
(knowing Kamijo’s marketing tactics, its just the beginning of me kissing my wallet goodbye once again!

PV of The Revenant Choir (Look out for Teru and Hizaki’s guitar solo. Been a long time since I felt a vkei band can play decently. Vkei scene these days is flooded with a whole bunch of boys who use lots of playback....uuuurgh )




Thot might as well include a solo by Hizaki in his earlier project before joining Versailles. This kid is good la. Particular solo played here is not easy. (Guitar used is an ESP custom.)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! Whats wrong with all these Jap chicks? They play too well. But excuse me, the guitarist looks a bit manly.

Anyone got the tabs?